A Revelation Of Life


These past few days I am thinking of something that I would be thankful for instead of looking outward the dim future.  The situation that I went through and the people I've met along the way are the precious gifts that must be treasured for. My passion for digital photography is a living witness not just for a revelation of who am I but a threshold to what is to look beyond the strips of life. To capture memorable moments of certain people sharing laughters and tears is a joyful thing that I consider to be the BEST TIME of a day. I thank these people who have been a part of the career and the path I chose: DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY.  


I consider photography to that which is important and valuable to me. That without which I completely deprive myself to my want and need. Who would have thought that my interest would arouse and widen my horizon of creativity? With a digital camera in hand I am to embark another year of discovering, exploring and blending with the beauty of places and faces that fills my emptiness and hunger for becoming a photographer.


The smile on the face of this little child is a perfect smile to welcome a new year. Nobody knows a dim  future but with a positive outlook in life I know the sun will shine right in the path where we are heading. This baby portrays a very important value that I should have in the coming years. I may not have the assurance of having a perfect life but I have a perfect smile that in a way become a gauge towards a brighter future. 
The way we look at things affects on how the way we look at life. 

The typhoon Sendong (internationally known as Washi) that hit Northern Mindanao Philippines, has left a scar in the  minds and hearts of every Filipino before the year 2011 ended. Who could barely imagine a typical low pressure area could destroy the lives of thousand of people living in Misamis Oriental specifically in Cagayan de Oro City and Iligan City. The year ended with a big destruction and killed the lives of many. Houses were washed away and most of the people are suffering from their own loss. Dead bodies were found at the sea and some are still missing. ( I did not dare to post the photos because I could not bare the sad faces of the people who have lost their loved ones.)


Sunset will always be a part in man's life. It will always be an inevitable reality that man has to face. This sunset is a portrait of a day that is about to end and perhaps be more meaningful if we could also picture it as an end of another year. How beautiful it would be if all sunset will be such as this. Can we only see the beauty of a day if it is about to end? This perhaps be the question that most people, and I include myself for this, may have never thought about. And I think it would be great if we can start a day enjoying it at the beginning rather than living and enjoying it at the end.

Another year has started and the best thing to start a year right is to be thankful for a year that had passed. Moving on and being flexible with the signs of the times will always be an edge to become more resilient with the calling of the changing times. Wondering where we are heading at and looking towards a brighter tomorrow is an indication of a stronger individual who commits not for complaciency.
This is an another year of capturing   photos that would open my consciousness and awareness. This photo is my favorite of all. I was wondering what this man thinks after a day that he had. I don't know and neither do you. But one thing is for sure, I know, sun will always rise tomorrow.

This entry was posted in . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply